TherapyWorks was founded in 1994 by Cindy Johnson, MSPT, MCMT owner/founder on the concept of rapidly resolving a client’s pain and symptoms while identifying and handling the underlying causes of the problem itself. At TherapyWorks our skilled professionals know that unless the underlying causes are found and fully handled and the client educated about them, those symptoms are likely to return. Our goal is to have a client who has decreased pain, improved function, has been educated so that he/she can maintain his/her condition and who feels cared for as a unique and important individual.
Our treatment philosophy is quite simple. We offer a functionally based hands-on individualized rehabilitation program that includes patient education, exercises and pain relieving modalities as needed without the use of drugs. By fully understanding each client’s individual goals, our caring professionals are able to return each client to vibrant health
What Sets Us Apart
- Therapy is our primary business, not just an ancillary part. Our entire mission and intention is to provide you with the highly skilled professionals and top notch services you need to quickly and fully achieve your rehabilitation goals.
- We are committed to you and to making this community in which we all live and work the best anywhere. We are involved members of the Lawrence Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Lawrence and the Lawrence Education Achievement Partners (LEAP) with the Lawrence Public Schools. In addition, our owners and staff are active in numerous community non-profit organizations through event sponsorships, volunteerism and active board participation. (HYHY/L&L/Free clinics)
- We have a very hands-on approach using not just exercise but a combination of manual therapy techniques, stretches, postural retraining, Pilates, core stabilization, aquatic therapy, ergonomics and patient education.
- We offer Aqua Therapy and water aerobics classes in a warm water pool.
- We have Lawrence’s first wellness center where therapy graduates and community members alike can take part in our services to fully achieve their health and fitness goals.
- We are the first and only licensed franchise for Acceleration where recreational, competitive and professional athletes of all ages can achieve the speed, power and agility they need to excel in their sport.